Buckle up, friends, cause this is going to be a little different from the reviews I normally write–mostly because I honestly can’t say
about this book’s storyline without giving away spoilers. Ashley has been telling her readers that it’s best if you go in blind, and I’m here to tell you that is one hundred percent, without a doubt, true. You have to go into this story without knowing a thing about it or you won’t appreciate it as much.
So, instead of my usual summarizations, I’m just going to give you a reaction post.
Beginning: Oh. Okay. Huh. I didn’t expect that, but that’s cool.
A few chapters in: Oh, shit.
Middle of the book: Whoa, that escalated quickly. Welp, all righty then.
A few chapters from the end: Wait. Did he just–? What?!
At the end: What. The. Hell.
Reading the last page: Wtf did I just read.
Ten minutes after finishing the book: #)$&**^@*$^@%@*#!!!!
The next day: book … hangover … can’t … think … about … anything … else …
This is the worst book hangover I have had in a very long time. I knew it was going to be good because, well, Ashley f***ing Jade, but this? This was so brilliantly written that I just … ugh. I don’t even know, you guys. I’m still processing this book because it was nothing like what I expected. I knew Ms. Jade was a phenomenal writer, but she has really outdone herself with this one. I can’t wait to find out what happens next!
Now, I want to share just a few pieces of advice with you before you read this book …
- The most important thing to remember is to go into this book with an open mind. It’s filthy, it’s messy, there are a few taboo themes involved, and it’s not for the weak of heart.
- Don’t read spoilers, don’t post spoilers, don’t go searching for spoilers, etc. Just don’t. Trust me. I knew nothing of what to expect except for a few of the teasers that Ashley Jade shared and it was honestly the best mindf*ck ever.
- Make sure you have an extra pair of underwear nearby. You’ll thank me later.
- This is not a love story, so don’t expect one while you’re reading. But DO NOT let that deter you from reading this book.
Okay, that’s all I’m gonna say about it. 😉
* This post includes affiliate links, which means if you purchase anything using that link I’ll make a small commission. This comes at no extra cost to you, but it helps me out a lot <3
Follow me for more book-related reviews, news, and more!