disclosure: this post may contain affiliate links. please visit my disclosure policy for more details.
Five Fun Facts About The Cursed Series:
- The Cursed Series was only supposed to be a trilogy, but the characters wouldn’t stop talking to me, and I realized there was a lot more story to tell! So, we’re up to six books total now, with Eternal Curse being the first one. Each book continues from Chloe’s point of view, telling the story of her and Trent on their way to a happily-ever-after.
- I originally started writing this book back in 2014. It started out as a “me” project, something fun that I could write when I was blocked on other things or when I needed a fun escape. Then, as it does, life got in the way, and I was focusing on other writing projects, so this book got shelved for a few years. Finally, in 2017, I dug this book out of my files and dove back into it.
As the series progresses, there are a lot of important dates and events, and when I’d worked all those out, it was back in 2017. Even though it’s now 2020, I’d already had all my dates figured out, and I wasn’t willing to rework them (because, well, math is hard, and it took me way longer than it probably should have to get everything lined up). So, the book is set in 2017 and moves forward from there.
- Originally, the series was comprised of humans, witches, and a totally made-up supernatural species that was completely ridiculous. The story itself was awful, and I just couldn’t get it to work, so when I eventually came back to it, I changed it to vampires, witches, and humans.
- Colors and the meaning behind them play a big role not just in the story, but in the cover creation, too!
- The series is set in the real town of Keene Valley, NY, nestled deep in the Adirondack Mountains. While I haven’t been to this specific town, I have visited the Adirondack Mountains region, and it’s absolutely gorgeous! I knew it was the perfect setting for this series.
Kara Leigh Miller is a full-time wife; stay-at-home mom to 4 kids, 3 pit bulls, and 6 cats; writer, and the Editorial Director at Anaiah Press. When she’s not herding her family, she’s working out, reading, or binge watching Netflix. Sometimes, she’ll even go golfing with her husband, even though she totally sucks at it.
Sign up for my newsletter!
Become a Patron!
Check out my Amazon storefront for several book lists, including a list of freebies!: Alated Bibliophile Storefront