Publisher: Black Spot Books ~ Release Date: November 5, 2019
Six stories of not-so-merry Yuletide whimsy from the authors of Black Spot Books.
A woman so cold she hardens to ice on a winter’s eve. Risen from his grave before his time, a winter god alters the balance between seasons. A wolf’s holiday season is interrupted by a strange curse. From a murder at the Stanley Hotel to demons of Christmas past, present, and future, and a mad elf and Santa’s Candy Court, the authors of Black Spot Books share their love for winter holidays in this collection of dark winter tales, destined to chill your bones and warm your heart for the Yuletide season.
ABOUT THE AUTHORS
- Sam Hooker writes darkly humorous fantasy novels about thing like tyrannical despots and the masked scoundrels who tickle them without mercy. He knows all the best swear words, though he refuses to repeat them. Peril in the Old Country, The Winter Riddle, Soul Remains
- Alcy Leyva is a Bronx-born writer, teacher, and pizza enthusiast. He graduated from Hunter College with a B.A. in English (Creative Writing) and an MFA in Fiction from The New School. And Then There Were Crows, And Then There Were Dragons
- Laura Morrison lives in the Metro Detroit area. She has a B.S. in applied ecology and environmental science from Michigan Technological University. Before she was a writer and stay-at-home mom, she battled invasive species and researched turtles. Come Back to the Swamp
- Cassondra Windwalker is a poet and novelist writing full time from the coast of the Kenai Peninsula in Alaska. Her hobbies include hiking, photography, and having other people’s demons over for tea. Bury the Lead, Preacher Sam
- Dalena Storm has lived in India, Japan, Germany, and on both United States coasts. She currently resides in a converted general store in the woods of Western Massachusetts with a rare Burmese temple cat, a professor of magic, and an infant with an astonishing ability to resist sleep. The Hungry Ghost
- Seven Jane is a bestselling author of dark fantasy and speculative fiction. She is a member Women’s Fiction Writing Association. She is a contributor to The Nerd Daily and is represented by Gandolfo, Helin & Fountain. The Isle of Gold
ABOUT BLACK SPOT BOOKS:
Black Spot Books is a small-press specializing in speculative fiction. Learn more at www.blackspotbooks.com.